Incoming Exchange Students
Once an “International Agreement for a Reciprocal Student Exchange Program between an International University and The Florida State University” is signed by both universities the exchange of students can begin.
- Visit Current International Agreements to see a complete list of our current international partners.
- The institutions listed under: The Following Colleges/Departments at The Florida State University currently have an International Agreement for a Reciprocal Student Exchange are participating in our student exchange program.
- Choose the link to the partner institution to see which departments are open to study through the exchange program.
- Courses in the participating departments can be found at The Florida State University's Course Lookup Search Form.
- Our academic calendar can be found at Extended Calendar.
- The Academic Coordinator at our partner institutions will nominate their students by forwarding their names and credentials to The Florida State University Academic Advisor for International Exchange or the Program Director, Global Pathways Certificate and Exchanges.
- Once The Florida State University Academic Advisor for International Exchange accepts a student into the exchange, The Florida State University admission process will begin with a process email and an International Exchange Student Application sent to participating students.
- Support is available from the Center for Global Engagement and the Program Director, Global Pathways Certificate and Exchanges for The Florida State University admission and registration processes and with providing immigration documents with which to obtain a U.S. visa.
- On campus housing for only The Florida State University's Fall semester is rarely available and leases for only the Fall semester are limited in the surrounding community. Leases are available for only the Spring semester, and for Fall through Spring, both on-campus and in the community. More information can be found at Incoming Exchange Student Housing.
- Degree seeking students at the home university
- Studying and seeking courses in the academic departments that are partners in the specific exchange
- Proof of financial support
- International Student Health Insurance Compliance
- Health History (page 5-7 of this packet)
- Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act Release
- An original university transcript
- Required scores for language proficiency:
- 550 on the Test of English as a Foreign Language or an 80 on the Internet Based TOEFL*
- 6.5 on the International English Language Testing System
- 7.7 on the Michigan English Language Assessment Battery
* Incoming exchange graduate students to the School of Communication are required to have a 100 on the Internet Based TOEFL. Incoming exchange graduate students to the College of Law are required to have a 90 on the Internet Based TOEFL.
Students should be nominated by our partner universities by the following dates so that we can process their application in time for them to participate in The Florida State University's:
|Fall & Summer||February 1||March 1|
|Spring||September 1||October 1|
Nominations include the name, email, grade point average, year of study and area of study. Once the nominations are accepted complete application instructions are sent.