Before you apply to the Special Academic Program you will need:
Qualifying English Proficiency Scores:
- Take one of the following English Proficiency Exams and receive a qualifying score. You may take the exam multiple times to receive a qualifying score, so it is important to begin the process early to give yourself plenty of time.
- Internet based TOEFL (iBT): 80
- Paper-based TOEFL: 550
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): 6.5
- In special cases the hosting FSU Academic Department may agree to admit you if your English proficiency score falls within the range of 75-79 TOEFL or 6.0 IELTS.
- Obtain a copy of your university transcripts (with an English translation).
To apply to the Special Academic Program, please follow these steps:
- Download the Special Academic Programs application and the Special Non-Degree Seeking Student Biographical Form by clicking on the links below.
- Save the forms to your computer and complete and sign the forms.
- Turn in these completed forms, along with a copy of your IbTOEFL scores, your transcripts (translated into English), a copy of your passport photo page, and your references (if required) to the University contact by April 20 or email directly to Dr. Jocelyn Vaughn at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once your application is reviewed and accepted by the hosting academic department at FSU, the Special Academic Program Coordinator will assist you complete the FSU admission process. The additional forms, which need to be completed and returned to FSU, allow FSU to issue your immigration document (I-20) and be registered for FSU classes.
- Certificate of Financial Responsibility (Proof of Funding)
- Health Form
- Program Expectations Form
- Proof of Insurance